Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Words of Wisdom

I'll admit that I am feeling kind of sentimental as Landon's 2nd birthday approaches. I have so much to tell Landon! Since I am a bit forgetful, I have decided to start a list so I can remember all of my words of wisdom. : ) I will have to add to it as I gain even more wisdom, but here is a start:

1. Love God and don't be afraid to show it.

2. Don't give up.

3. Don't highlight your hair. Ever.

4. Don't be afraid of being smart (because I can tell that even though you are only 23 1/2 months old, you are incredibly smart....definitely smarter than mommy!)

5. Love your mother and father. : )

6. Talk about your feelings.

7. Be determined. Just don't be as stubborn as your mother father.

8. Treat others how you would like to be treated.

9. Hold the door open for others.

10. Say "Yes/no ma'm" and "yes/no sir". (After all, you live in the South and are likely to get your butt kicked if you don't).

11. Don't snack after dinner (you are a big fan of before bedtime snacking right now)...it just packs on the pounds.

12. Always stick up for the underdog--be a friend to the kids that others pick on.

13. Go to summer camp (just not band camp). Go away to college. Learn to be independent. (And yes, I will fix you your favorite meals when you come home on breaks!)

14. Trust your parent's (and grandparent's) advice. We're smart.

15. Learn how to cook (a survival skill--plus it impresses the ladies).

16. Don't impress the ladies too much...until you are at least 25--THEN you are free to date!

17. Laugh at yourself.

18. Remember that Jesus and your family love you no matter what.

19. Remember that I put up with a LOT of questions from you as you were growing up. I may have some for you in return as you grow up. You need to be patient and answer them. "I dunno" and "fine" are not acceptable answers.

20. Try new and different things. You won't like everything and that is okay.

21. A Speedo is never okay.

22. Apologize when you're wrong.

23. You have an amazing smile that lights up the room! Use it!

24. Do not let daddy teach you his dance moves.

25. Say please and thank you. Be polite.

1 comment:

The Robertson Family said...

I just saw this for some reason, but I love it. Hilarious and sweet and true all at the same time.