Monday, November 9, 2009

Fossil Rim!


We went to Fossil Rim Wildlife Park today with Max and Krista! We had a very fun day and only a few 2 year old meltdowns! After a 1 1/2 hour car ride, the boys just had to get out and climb!


This is what greeted us when we entered the park. He kept trying to stick his head in our window and since he was a bit aggressive, I was freaked out!




Landon was NOT afraid at all and was the 1st one to feed the animals!














Yes, this guy really is this close! I was leaning back to try to get a picture of him!!










The Giraffe were my favorite--they were so gentle! It was hard to drive away from the animals as many of them had their heads in the car!



















How funny is this picture...for real?!








The boys were getting tired (it was almost 2:15 in the afternoon and they hadn't had naps yet) but they still found some energy to feed the Giraffe!



Landon enjoyed petting the goats and then he saw some others that he wanted to pet. What you don't see is that he picked up what he thought was an "acorn" (a.k.a. goat poop). Mommy freaked out! So yes, we had a very thorough hand washing after that!


I think this was one of the first animals we fed! Check out his tongue!!!

On the way home, Landon only took about a 30 minute nap. Krista was very sweetly trying to sing him back to sleep and we thought it worked. However, a short while later we saw his eyes open again. But, when Krista would look at him, he would close his eyes and act like he was still sleeping! It was quite funny because he must have done this like 9 times or so! Sneaky little boy!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I love this! That video of the guys feeding the giraffe was too funny. I love their giggles. What a good mom you are!

KJ Druyvesteyn said...

Oh Sarah, you little suck-up(to quote middle schoolers!) But, hey, I'll take it!

The giggles were priceless. Landon kept giggling when the Giraffe was eating and was saying "he tickle, mommy!" It was precious.

Missed you at Mrs. "Khaki's" (!) today--hope to see you next week! : )