Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Snacks trump ALL

So, Landon’s VERY favorite thing is food—specifically, Bananas, Cheerios, Animal Crackers, and Gerber Puffs. Yesterday we went to the zoo and Landon pretty much didn’t care about the animals at all. Elephants? Whatever….he’s unimpressed. I was holding him trying to get him to look at the elephants but Landon just kept looking back at the stroller to see if the snacks were there. The giraffe with an adorable baby giraffe? Who cares? Where are the snacks? Monkeys, shmunkeys. As IF the monkeys could honestly be as interesting as the Cheerios….puh-lease.

Yesterday morning I had JUST finished feeding him and decided to make myself some eggs. So, I positioned myself in the kitchen to kind of hide from him but still make sure he is okay too….but BINGO….he spotted me with a mouthful and just threw a fit. So, I put him in his highchair and he got his prize—Cheerios.

So, this is to the family that we are coming to visit in August in Michigan—you want to be Landon's favorite relative? Have some snacks in your pocket. We’ll see who REALLY reads this by the contents of your pockets.



Baby Torture:




Okay, here is the proof that the baby torture that you witnessed in the video was short-lived...no need to call Child Protective Services. Landon is happily reunited with his snacks:

6 comments:

Sarah said...

HA!! He has a tall Daddy...I suspect you will be feeding that boy like this until he's out of your house. From the Playin' Catch with Daddy post I was going to ask you if you/your husband was from mid-north. Your husband has a very "North of Missouri" accent.

KJ Druyvesteyn said...

WOW! That's freakishly good! He moved around a bit but frm about ages 8 - college lived in Chicago & St. Louis! Then after that he lived in Michigan where there is no accent...

Sarah said...

Yup, that's me...the accent expert.

The Robertson Family said...

Tate did that exact same thing! He would eventually flop on the floor and cry. Enjoy the fact that he can't crawl, I'm tellin' ya. I kept encouraging Tate and now I wonder what I was thinking! Life was so good when he would sit happily on his mat and play with his toys.

Jennifer said...

I am also the mother of a boy that is happiest when there is food going into his pie hole! I am now pretty good at determining how many snacks I need to pack for almost any given activity. Keep the faith, he'll be crawling soon and opening your pantry door and getting his own goldfish crackers.

KJ Druyvesteyn said...

Welcome Jennifer!!! I'm glad that you can appreciate Landon's love for food. He is a big boy! The other day I was carrying him in Hobby Lobby and a woman came up and said "GHEESH...who is carrying who? That is a big boy?!" Yep, he doesn't miss a meal!

BTW--read your story about your daughter's adoption. VERY sweet. She is precious.